The CLCAC has an important role to play in not only ensuring that we help protect the rights and interests of Traditional Owners, but also do what we can to empower our people to take advantage of opportunities and respond to the challenges of the future.
"To be the leader of sustainable indigenous economic development in the lower gulf region where our people are self determined and empowered to take control of our country our culture and our future."
- An accessible, responsive and well managed organisation.
- Country is well managed.
- Prosperous communities.
- Obtain positive determinations of Native Title and assist Prescribed Body Corporates.
In pursuing our vision and objectives we will adhere to the following key principles:
- The CLCAC’s Board will continue to maintain equal representation for each on the nine constituent Traditional Owner groups.
- The CLCAC’s Board will continue to provide a credible and effective forum for regional discussion, planning and action.
- The CLCAC recognises the need to continue to strive for the recognition of native title and to assist Traditional Owners to protect and manage country.
- The CLCAC will support the cultural and economic aspirations of Traditional Owner communities.